Tuesday 23 November 2010

Certify your Office skills



I spent all evening searching for Microsoft Excel certification training courses.

Why? Because it's one of the only ways to prove your skills are of a certain standards and can be recognised globally.

Why is that important for fashion? Buyers, merchandisers, allocators, to name a few, all use Excel to organise data and analyse numbers. It's necessary to prove you have the capability to create and present charts and reports

I came to the conclusion that I didn't need all the MOS certifications but should really focus on Excel and Powerpoint.
Basically either you sign up for training courses, which I don't understand why there are only a few in London, or you can buy books.

My choices are: Excel 2007 Bible ; John Walkenbach's Favorite Excel 2007 Tips and Tricks

Once I have gone through them, preparation for the exams may be done on the Microsoft website. 

Exams to be passed:
77-602 certification for MCAS: Microsoft Office Excel 2007
77-603 certification for
MCAS: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment